I suspect the Dir not found was the output of the bpxmtext command.

    Cliff McNeill

On 6/23/2022 1:01 PM, Seymour J Metz wrote:
I suspect that the not found directory was ' (apostrophe).

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin [0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 12:30 PM
To:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: BPXBATCH and PGM invocation

On Thu, 23 Jun 2022 11:36:55 -0400, Steve Smith wrote:

I just ran a test.  PARM='PGM /bin/bpxmtext 0594003D'  works.  stdout has:
BPXFVLKP 04/27/18

JRDirNotFound: A directory in the pathname was not found

I'm slightly surprisd.  The OP's command was:
     //JSTEP  EXEC PGM=BPXBATCH,PARM='PGM ''/u/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/SPWNPGM1'''

I suppose the "not found" directory was "'/u/".  The message could have been
clearer.

Action: One of the directories specified was not found.  Verify that the
name
specified is spelled correctly.

And PARM='PGM ''/bin/bpxmtext 0594003D''' produces a WTO:
+BPXM047I BPXBATCH FAILED BECAUSE SPAWN (BPX1SPN) OF  809
'/bin/bpxmtext FAILED WITH RETURN CODE
00000081 REASON CODE 0594003D.

For whatever reason, it didn't feel like writing that to stderr.

WTO?!  I suspect that's intended to support running under TSO with
STDOUT and STDERR redirected or not allocated at all.

--
gil

send email tolists...@listserv.ua.edu  with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

send email tolists...@listserv.ua.edu  with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN