This "Z is just Power" rumor has been around for quite a while, repeatedly
debunked, yet it persists. Anyone know where it came from? I've always
assumed that there were some gross similarities, and that some journo took
that and made it into "they're the same thing", but I have no real idea.
LPARs on Power probably didn't help for the unwashed, since they *sound*
like the same thing.

Paul, your "emulator" definition is interesting, but is not what most people
would call "emulation". In some sense, sure, anything that isn't 100%
hard-wired silicon (or maybe valves) is "emulation". But, again, that isn't
how it's used. I feel confident in stating that zPDT is emulation; z16 is
not. Hercules is emulation; LPAR (PR/SM) is not. Nor is z/VM (yes, I realize
PR/SM was originally derived from VM). Bochs is emulation; ICE is not these
days, despite the name.