(Coming in a bit late on this thread)
As others have said, 'kicks' and Hursley are closely related (or rather,
_were_. It is my understanding that Hursley Grange is now some sort of IBM
museum.)
The local no. 66 bus goes between Romsey and Winchester via Hursley, so -
at least at some point in the past - it was definitely possible to "get
your kicks on route 66"...

Sean