On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 12:03:28 +0000, Mark Jacobs <markjac...@protonmail.com>
wrote:

>I've been looking at that and testing somethings in our sandbox environment.
>The problematic file system that's already impacted us twice is being managed
>by automount and I can't see anyway to instruct OMVS not to automove
>filesystems that are managed by the automount policy.
>
>Mark Jacobs
>

>Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.

Mark,  I cant tell from your description if you want automove, or not, or just
not to the one certain system.   Looks like the next directory up controls what
happens and where, not the /AMD directory itself.

Have you seen this info yet:
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.3.0?topic=descriptions-automount-configure-automount-facility

The automount file system (*AMD/) is mounted with an automove attribute of
either AUTOMOVE or UNMOUNT. The automove attribute is set to UNMOUNT only when
its parent file system has its automove attribute set to UNMOUNT. When the
automove attribute is set to UNMOUNT, the owning system of the automount file
system is identical to the owning system of the parent.