On Mon, 20 Mar 2023 13:04:44 +0000, Mark Jacobs <markjac...@protonmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, but that's not helpful in my situation. The problematic file system is
>under /u which is under the sysplex root, That has to be automove.
>
>Mark Jacobs

Correct.   Then the only way to "avoid" a lpar is to avoid it with the sysplex
root too.

Have you tried the chmount commands?

TEC1:$ chmount -D TEC2 /home

TEC1:$ df -vk /home

Mounted on     Filesystem                Avail/Total    Files      Status

/home          (*AMD/home)               0/4            0          Available

AUTOMNT, Read/Write, Device:66, ACLS=N

File System Owner : TEC2        Automove=Y      Client=N

Filetag : T=off   codeset=0

TEC1:$ chmount -a exclude,TEC1 /home

TEC1:$ df -vk /home

Mounted on     Filesystem                Avail/Total    Files      Status

/home          (*AMD/home)               0/4            0          Available

AUTOMNT, Read/Write, Device:66, ACLS=N

File System Owner : TEC2        Automove=E      Client=N

System List (Exclude) : TEC1

Filetag : T=off   codeset=0

TEC1:$

You would likely have to run a CRON job to do this, so that it is not forgotten
post-ipl?

Are you saying that the operating system doesnt honor these commands on
shutdown?