Hi,Just some few words..:I hate zosmf and zowe... :)And yes... I have some good
applications running on CUI... No plans to migrate... :)Dan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Sunday, May 28, 2023, 8:26 AM, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

The problem is not the D&D interface; the Devil is in the details. The real
issue is the design, and what IBM has chosen to hide, rather than CLI vs panels
vs GUI.

It is perfectly possible to write a program with a scriptable GUI; anybody
remember SOM, DSOM and WPS. A GUI is a good servant but a poor master, and even
with a GUI it is easy to provide visibility to things that you have automated.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Jack Zukt [jzuk...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2023 5:31 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: zOSMF

The real problem, as I see it, is that drag and drop interfaces move you
away from the need to know what you are doing. A long time ago, the first
MVS install that I did on my own, took me a few months to do it. I was
doing it under VM/XA and I did a few complete back to square one at the
time, as I was not pressed for time. At the time I had about two years of
MVS experience. I did read a lot of MVS and JES2 reading, you know,
installation guides,  references, customization and such. When I finnaly
was satisfied with the system I knew a lot more than when I started.
The point that I am trying to make is that you may be able to do a z/OS
install using zosmf knowing next to nothing of z/OS, but with that
knowledge you will not be able to debug any kind of problem that you will
get in your way.
So, I suppose that the next step will be some kind of IA doing the install
and problem solving.
That makes me glad that I am not so far away from retirement.
Jack