From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 9:01 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: OS/390 1.3 Support Element hangs system

Caserta, Greg wrote:

>Running OS/390 1 .3

OS/390? (End of support 2001/03/31) or do you mean z/OS 1.3 (End of support
2005/03/31)?

On what machine model is that running?

>- Every couple months the system hangs.  Once I power off/on the Support
>Element PC (OS/2), it breaks loose.

Perhaps hardware problems?

When your OS/390 is getting on, do you see any I/O errors, wait state, dumps,
messages? Or could you be kind to describe 'hang'? Are the workload or sessions
or console standing still or running slow?

>This seemed to start about 2 yrs ago when I replaced the Ramac disk with the
>Shark.  Also replaced 3480 tape drives with 3590.

I'm not sure if 3590 and Sharks are 100% supported by OS/390, but did you have
a talk with your local IBM engineer?

>Any ideas.

Sorry that I cannot come up with any solutions or suggestions. But why now
asking after 2 years?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary
information and must be treated as such.  In addition, export or re-export of
the information contained in or attached to this email may be prohibited under
export control laws.