On Wed, 9 Oct 2013 08:49:00 -0500, Scott Fagen <scottfagen...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 00:10:51 +0200, R.S. wrote:
>
>>How much memory is required for CFCC (Coupling Facility Control Code)to run?
>>I meanpure "OS", without any user defined structures.
>>BTW: Is the amount constant or its size depends on number or size of
>>defined structures?
>
>I would expect the answer to be "it depends" (on the level of CFCC LIC code
>you are running).  I would expect the answers from CFSIZER and advice on the
>webpage would ensure proper sizing so that you have enough storage for the
>structures, the structure controls, dump space and the underlying control code.

CFSIZER is all about "structure sizes" based on CFCC level.   Dump space and
size of the control code isn't suggested - at least the last time I ever
looked at it.   Not only that, while IBM tries to keep CFSIZER accurate, as
I'm sure some members of this list could attest to, it has not been the most
reliable tool over the years and is not an officially supported either.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
Systems Programming expert at http://search390.techtarget.com/ateExperts/