Different roles make different demands.

What must be learned to drive an automobile is indeed minimal.

The requirements for membership in trhe Society of Automative
Engineers (SAE, as in the 'SAE' prefixed to motor-oil grades and
weights.) are much more onerous.

Reductiones ad absurdum sometimes help in situations like this one.
The skill requirements for crossing the George Washington Bridge on
foot or by car successfully are exiguous.  The skills required to
design and build it were not, and those that would be required to
replace it today are not..

As technologies  mature the requirements for using them diminish
sharply, but the requirements for implementing such easy-to-use
technologies do not.  We can, that is, make it easy to use, walk or
drive over, a bridge.  We cannot make it nearly so easy to build one.
Worse, the chief consequences of trying to do so are that all bridges
come to be much alike and to be well adapted only to the obsolescent
requirements set for their prototypes.

John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA