From:         Ze'ev Atlas <zatl...@yahoo.com>
Sender:       IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Date:         Sun, 24 Nov 2013 09:05:03
To: <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: z/OS is antique WAS: Aging Sysprogs = Aging Farmers

I do not do too much on z/OS anymore (there aren't too many jobs and they don't
pay that well.)  So most time I work on Windows or Linux/Unix of some variety.
I am surprised that the most striking difference between z/OS and the other
OSes is not that much emphasized!  So let me please spell it:

In Unix and Windows you need to know where the heck is your file, like:
aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/eee/fff/myfile

An wow to you if you do not remember or did not get the information that ccc is
now qqq.  You'll never find your file anymore!

in z/OS you catalog the file and say:
myfile

Apparently z/OS is capable of finding the file without any manual assistance!
"Manual assistance"?!? didn't we invent computers, big data and what not to
save menial work.
:)

ZA