On 2/18/2014 10:09 AM, Tom Marchant wrote:
Ok, I see what you mean about using a macro to generate "Skip the
next 4 byte instruction". I still contend that coding the length of
the next instruction wouldn't be necessary because the processor
would already know the length of the next instruction. It is in the
two bits following this instruction.

What about skipping more than one instruction? I was considering using four bits in the instruction, either for the number of halfwords (or instructions) to skip, or two for the skip count and two for condition code testing.

But if we're talking about new instructions, I have at least a dozen I'd rather see first <g>

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, Vermont