I know that DB2 does not use VSAM KSDS - only for very limited purposes,
IIRC - some logfile directories or boot strap data sets, don't recall the details.

The tablespace data sets are VSAM LDS - linear data sets.

Anyway: there are some improvements done to VSAM for DB2, AFAIK ...
I believe some improvements to enable list prefetch or other things I don't
recall at the moment ... and I recall only vaguely a paper from ORACLE where
they tell that they benefit from these VSAM improvements, too.

Kind regards

Bernd