Radoslaw,

SG24-8070-00 Extending z/OS System Management Functions with IBM zAware (z
Advanced Workload Analysis Reporter) (august 1, 2013)

page 32-42                  2.4  Runtime Diagnostics

·         Runtime Diagnostics searches OPERLOG for any occurrences of an
IBM-defined list of messages that are deemed to be critical tosystem
availability.

·         Runtime Diagnostics detects three types of global resource
contention

o   Enqueue contention for system address spaces

o   GRS-managed latch contention

o   z/OS UNIX System Services file system latch contention

·         Runtime Diagnostics provides three types of checking to determine
whether execution within any address space is behaving abnormally such that
it might cause a soft failure.

o   CPU analysis

o   Local lock suspension

o   TCB loop detection