Tom Marchant wrote:
On Fri, 12 Feb 2016 09:56:21 -0500, Richards, Robert B. wrote:

But it occurs to me that one could construct and ACCEPT (or UCLIN "ACCEPT")
a ++USERMOD that adds a part so named as not to conflict with IBM and other
software vendors' part names, and NPRE that usermod in all one's "real" usermods
to prevent them from being ACCEPTed.  Of course, one would never APPLY that
only-to-be-NPREed usermod.

Thanks, John! If memory serves me correctly, this is what we were doing.

So is the SMP/E Reference manual wrong where it says,

<quote>
NPRE  indicates which function SYSMODs cannot exist in the same zone
as this function. These are negative prerequisite SYSMODs. The current
SYSMOD cannot be applied or accepted if any of the listed SYSMODs are
already present.  This operand has no effect on RECEIVE eligibility.

NPRE can only be specified within a function SYSMOD.
</quote>

Or am I misunderstanding what is written? I read it as saying that you can't
use it
for ++USERMODs.

No, I'm sure it's right. I hadn't looked it up. So it has to be a ++FUNCTION, then.

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie