On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Paul Gilmartin <
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:27:58 -0500, John McKown wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Gibney, Dave  wrote:
> >> HLQ (tousercat) .varname.value
> >
> >​What if "value" is does not adhere to a DSN node restrictions?​...
> >
> What would the dreaded DISABLE(DSNCHECK) do for you?

​I am pretty sure that I'm just going to use bpxwunix() in a TSO server to
do "wild and crazy" things using UNIX files. That is, if I even really
needs to. Most of what the CA-OPS/MVS global variables are being used for
is to be able to send a message to production control if one or more
selected jobs do not start "on time". This is done by setting a global
variable like GLOBAL.<jobname> to "1" when a job runs (IEF403I message
issued), then a TOD rule to check if the same variable is set to "1" and do
a SEND command if it is not. Just something to help the production person
stay aware of possible problems during the night (she works a split shift -
morning, then evening).​

> -- gil

Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/