On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:02:28 -0500, John McKown wrote:

>On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Itschak Mugzach wrote:
>> John, try calling bpxwunix. Works great for me. What is great he the that
>> results are returned in an array stem variable).
>​I'll try that. I wonder if I can do that in a non-TSO server. I'm trying
>to avoid TSO based servers due to the limited number.​
IIRC, I've used BPXWUNIX from IRXJCL.  I was trying to invent a smarter
BPXBATCH.  Worked well.  I was able to allocate stdout and stderr to
SYSOUT in the era before BPXBATCH supported that, and with SDSF to tail
those SYSOUTs in real time.  (I suppose Co:Z might now provide a better

OTOH, assembler interfaces are available to all the UNIX kernel services.

The Gripping Hand is whether kernel services are available whatever in
System Rexx, with the added complication of making addresses of Rexx
variables available to those assembler interfaces.  That would depend
on (undocumented?) details of Rexx storage management.

LE?  I don't believe kernel services have LE entanglements.

-- gil