On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Gibney, Dave <gib...@wsu.edu> wrote:

> HLQ (tousercat) .varname.value

​What if "value" is does not adhere to a DSN node restrictions?​ Using
bpxwunix() in a TSO REXX environment seems to be the way to go, at least at
present. I can do things like:

stdin.0=0
stdout.0=0
stderr.0=0
rc=bpxwunix("echo 'value'
>/usr/SystemREXX/values/GLOBAL.VARNAME",stdin.,stdout.,stderr.);

rc=bpxwunix("cat
/usr/SystemREXX/values/GLOBAL.VARNAME",stdin.,stdout.,stderr.)
if stdout.0 = 0 then signal NOVALUE
say "value is:"stdout.1

rc=bpxunix('rm
/usr/SystemREXX/values/GLOBAL.VARNAME",stdin.,stdout.,stderr.)

Just seems easier than messing with the z/OS catalog. This seems to work
OK. I just wish that I could do things more directly / efficiently.

--
Heisenberg may have been here.

Unicode: http://xkcd.com/1726/

Maranatha! <><