Many useful replies here. Just a note of caution. Automation that depends on
starting a new address space will probably work fine 99% of the time. We
previously used a product like that. The problem is when automation needs to
take action to recover from a resource shortage. Spool full and ASM shortage
come to mind. In the case of ASM shortage, another member of the same sysplex
might be able to handle the situation, but in a monoplex you have no helper. In
the case of spool full, all members are likely affected in the same way. In
such situations, you need to have an already-running task to take action
without have to start something new. If you need that capability anyway, best
to design it that way from the beginning.

I have not touched TSSO in many years, but the price is right and may well meet
the criteria above.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson