Everything is equal, no errors, only IGD101I is sometimes missing and we have
no idea why.

Kees.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Elardus Engelbrecht
Sent: 18 October, 2016 11:45
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Randomly disappearing IGD101I messages.

Vernooij, Kees (ITOPT1) - KLM wrote:

>Control-M uses message IGD101I for dataset triggering: when a data set has
>been created, as indicated by IGD101I, a job must be triggered.

Isn't that Control-O which scans the SYSLOG? Or am I missing something in your
setup?

>We see every now and then that the triggering is not working, because IGD101I
>is not produced, although the dataset has been created.
>We don't have any clue on what makes IGD101I not appear in some situations: it
>happens in different runs of the same job, on same system, in the same step,
>with the same results, for nearly the same dataset, in the same SMS Storage
>Group.

Hmmm. Weird. Is this for the same HLQ ? RACF blocking? out of volser space? Or
something in the job overriding the ACS routines? Your ACS may suppress it by
some logic AFAIK.

Alternative - Are your Control-O not suppressing the message conditionally?

>Anybody recognized this or has an idea where to look?

Show us your Control-M (or O) rules + conditions and your job + the messages
for successfull triggering and unsuccesfull triggering.

I need to see the time, conditions and status of that rule when triggering is
supposed to go.

What is your Control-M log showing?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht