From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Longabaugh, Robert E
Sent: 18 October, 2016 19:48
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Randomly disappearing IGD101I messages.

When CA Disk moves SMS data sets, it renames the original to a temporary name
and creates the new one with the existing name.  If the new data set is
correctly created, cataloged, written, and closed, then CA Disk deletes the
original (now renamed) data set.  If the move operation fails the original data
set is renamed back to the original name.  The Auto Restore intercepts would
not become involved, but the CA Disk SVC will intervene so that the last use
date remains the same.

IGD101I is produced for a new SMS data set allocation.  IGD103I is for existing
SMS data sets.

Is it possible that the moved data set would sometimes be created non-SMS?
This might be due to redirection by the ACS routine or an allocation management
product such as CA Allocate.

Also check the CA Disk SYSPARM SMSALLOC, which determines if CA Disk passes the
existing STORCLAS, DATACLAS, and MGMTCLAS to the allocation request for the
move.

Bob Longabaugh
CA Technologies
Storage Management