Thanks. I think you are probably "getting away with it". Since you are not
using any data from a COBOL program, that DATA(31) is not an issue. I suspect
in your bindered program, the COBOL programs are always "below the line", so
the return-address is not getting accidentally truncated. I think if you were
to what a 16MB table into the initial COBOL program that the binder would
complain. If not, you'd get a run-time problem of some type.

I guess we'd need to see the binder output to confirm.