From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Kirk Wolf <k...@dovetail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:33 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: New free / open source z/OS tools from Dovetailed Technologies

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Frank Swarbrick <
frank.swarbr...@outlook.com> wrote:

it would be useful to use Eclipse to update the source code on the local
> workstation and just send it (perhaps using this Ant SSH interface?) to
> z/OS to be compiled.  Or something like that!

Exactly like that.

We use our workstation IDE's connection and tools for connecting to an
managing our SCCS.
You could certainly connect your workstation IDE to git.

Ant-SSH lets you write an Ant XML script to upload (only the changed) files
and run z/OS commands like "make" to build, on the same ssh connection.
We use a desktop ssh key agent so that our scripts don't need passwords or
user prompts.

If you are already using Eclipse, try these steps:

-  download Ant-SSH to your workstation, and import it as a general project
in Eclipse
-  follow the Ant-SSH README <https://dovetail.com/docs/antssh/readme.html> to
add the ant-ssh/lib/*.jars to your Eclipse Ant classpath
-  test by customizing/running the ant-ssh/test/test1.xml test script
 (right-click "Run as / Ant Build")

- download the ncdu zip file to your workstation
- follow the ncdu README <https://dovetail.com/docs/ncdu/readme.html>:
- customize build.properties per the README
- run Ant build.xml to upload and build ncdu on z/OS using ant-ssh

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com
Dovetailed Technologies, LLC<http://dovetail.com/>
dovetail.com
Using Co:Z SFTP-server, systems with OpenSSH or another SFTP compatible client
may transfer files directly to z/OS datasets, controlling all aspects of
dataset ...