From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tony Harminc
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2017 1:45 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Do you use CA-ACF2 and CICS or IMS? Be aware your CICS/IMS
developers have security admin priviledges and can do whatever they want to the
ACF2 database.

On 5 April 2017 at 11:38, Leonardo Vaz <leonardo....@cn.ca> wrote:
> ACF2 has an SVC call facility called "Supercall Facility", which any program
> executing under a CICS region or IMS region can use. If they do, they have
> unrestricted read/write access to the ACF2 database.

I thought use of ACF2's Supercall required APF authorization. We use it in our
products, and our code comments imply the need for APF. If it doesn't, then
what *does* control access to Supercall? If it does, and your CICS and IMS
users are already running with APF auth, then all is lost already.

Tony H.