From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Jesse 1 Robinson
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: ATTACH with RSAPF=YES

Early versions of SDSF provided an SVC that would make the user authorized. It
was 'supported' in that it was part of an official IBM program product. There
was a general discomfort with this strategy even though the SVC code tried very
hard to validate the environment. Eventually (I believe) the SVC was discarded
as being too difficult to make airtight.