From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 6:59 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Two summer time change questions

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 06:42:17 -0800, Charles Mills wrote:

>Thanks all. Yes, I'm well aware of the points that Skip and Allan make.
>Question one was mostly curiosity. What I really needed to understand
>was the "timeliness" of CVTLDTO and I have that now, thanks to an
>off-list reply. (Yes, it is updated immediately when the local offset
>is changed, either by command or by the ETR.)

Is there a "local offset" other than CVTLDTO, or are they the same thing?

I suspect a minuscule timing window if CVTLDTO is updated between a program's
(even OS code's) STCK and fetching CVTLDTO.  This could result in an error of
an hour or an absurd local time result.  Does the code underlying the TIME
macro account for this?