I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no (at least not easily), but can't hurt
to ask.

The following, of course, works:
//PARMS DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PROD.APPLIB.PARMS(ABC)

Is there some way I could specify a DD concatenation where the system would
search the DD's in order until it found a named member?

The following is NOT what I am looking for:
//PARMS DD DISP=SHR,DSN=EMER.APPLIB.PARMS(ABC)
//      DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PROD.APPLIB.PARMS(ABC)

This would not work for my use case, because 1) it requires that the member
name exists in both libraries, and 2) even if they did both exist, it would
concatenate the values from both, rather than just from the first one.

Thanks,
Frank