From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Marchant
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 1:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Finding a member in a DD concatenation

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 17:50:48 +0000, Frank Swarbrick wrote:

>I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no (at least not easily), but can't hurt
>to ask.
>
>The following, of course, works:
>//PARMS DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PROD.APPLIB.PARMS(ABC)
>
>Is there some way I could specify a DD concatenation where the system
>would search the DD's in order until it found a named member?

I don't know a way to do it just with JCL, but a program can do it easily.
You could have a program that accepted a PARM of the member name that you want.
The program would open a PDS concatenation and get the member that you want,
then copy it to a temporary data set that your other program read. Maybe you
can find a utility that will do it for you.

--
Tom Marchant

*** Disclaimer ***
This communication (including all attachments) is solely for the use of the
person to whom it is addressed and is a confidential AAA communication. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying is
prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it
and notify the sender.