On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 17:50:48 +0000, Frank Swarbrick wrote:

>I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no (at least not easily), but can't hurt
>to ask.
>
>The following, of course, works:
>//PARMS DD DISP=SHR,DSN=PROD.APPLIB.PARMS(ABC)
>
>Is there some way I could specify a DD concatenation where the system
>would search the DD's in order until it found a named member?

I don't know a way to do it just with JCL, but a program can do it easily.
You could have a program that accepted a PARM of the member name that
you want. The program would open a PDS concatenation and get the
member that you want, then copy it to a temporary data set that your
other program read. Maybe you can find a utility that will do it for you.

--
Tom Marchant