Jantje wrote:

>Commas at the beginning or at the end makes no difference... :

Right, nobody thought it would. That was a style point.

If your function call is still failing as you indicate:

>    87 +++
>RS=ALERTSN(SEV,TYPENAME,ELEMENT,DESC,STATUS,STSDESC,,SUBSRC,SOURCE,LOCATION
,SYSTYPE,PLTFTYPE,IMPACT,HOST,,MONENV,RESOURC

>E,EXTRINFO,ACTIVE,CLOSING,FTPERR,,APPLTYPE,APPLNAME,UNIQUE)

>IRX0040I Error running ALERTSNB, line 87: Incorrect call to routine

Then you're apparently calling it wrong. I see double commas in the error
output: that suggests you have doubled commas in the wrong place, because if
they're seen as continuation, ALERTSN won't see them at all.

Run it with TRACE I and see what it's getting.