From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Phil Carlyle
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 11:52 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Many arguments to a Rexx function call

Ok gentlemen, I’m going to jump in on this but because I’m not sure of the
implementation of the REXX code in question I may be a little off.  Basically,
if the code is running under TSO batch or online there is only “1” argument
passed to the code.  There is a limitation on how long that may be, I think 255
bytes or something like that.  As for the number of parameters that is of no
concern and neither is the method of separation.  If you are indeed passing
spaces, commas, or quotes, you will have to code for these.  The following
would be valid.

Ex REXXCODE ‘(‘ab c’), mommy, daddy, ‘1234 main street’, ‘Columbus, oh’, ‘help
me’ ’

In the REXX Parse is would look like this

PARSE UPPER ARG PARAM_LIST            Note: the UPPER is the default

PARAM_LIST = (‘AB C’), MOMMY, DADDY, ‘1234 MAIN STREET’, ‘COLUMBUS, OH’, ‘HELP
ME’

The code would then have to know what to look for and parse the various
parameters from the list.
No magic, no rules.

Phil Carlyle
TEKSystems