On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 08:31:26 -0500, Jantje. <jan.moeyers...@gfi.be> wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 17:57:14 -0700, Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Personally in REXX I use a list with SPACE between each arg and a blank comma
>>at the end
>>
>>VAR =' a b c ' ,
>>     ' d e f '

Spaces do not separate arguments; spaces separate words.
Only commas separate arguments.

>Unfortunately, that will not work as I have values in the arguments that
>contain blanks. Using a blank as the delimiter doesn't cut it, then. Or rather
>cuts it at each blank, also the blank that is supposed to be part of the value.

For example:

/* Rexx */ signal on novalue;  /*
   Simplifying (read the Ref. for details):
   o Separate arguments by commas.
   o If an argument contains blanks or internal punctuation,
     surround the argument with apostrophes.
   o Double internal apostrophes.
   Continuation with a comma has been discussed earlier.
*/
X = F( 'a b c', 'd ''e, f'' g', 7 8 9 )
exit ( 0 )

F: procedure