So, I finally got around to downloading the presentation that Skip mentioned
here and took a peek.  Looks similar to the dog and pony that IBM gave to us.
My architects keep pounding on me that they just want to use the IBM supplied
vanilla copy of the z/OS image, and the DB2 that comes with that.   Is that
even possible?   What ID's besides IBMUSER are even on this environment?   The
problem is I have no knowledge of how any of this works, and I've been pushing
back that I *thought* we'd have to at least integrate our security (CA-TSS)
into that environment, etc.   But as soon as that occurs, then nothing else in
the IBM supplied distro will even start?

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here and over complicating
things.   They just want a throwaway vanilla environment.   I feel like they
think this is a simple "lets stand up a Linux or Windows" and let them play.
I admittedly do not yet see how the vanilla port can just work for me.   And
what scares me is the amount of additional customization I will have to build
into this to simply make it work for us.

Any more feedback on this would be helpful.

Dave Jousma
Manager Mainframe Engineering, Assistant Vice President
david.jou...@53.com
1830 East Paris, Grand Rapids, MI  49546 MD RSCB2H
p 616.653.8429
f 616.653.2717