Dave Jousma wrote:
>To my uneducated self, it sounds like an easy way for management
>to defer mainframe cpu costs, but at a huge support cost.  Am I
>wrong?

There's a good chance you're wrong. Exactly *how* you're wrong is a
separate matter. :-)

Let's assume you're well onboard with the terrific idea of providing more
and better z/OS resources to your organization's developers. There are at
least three options for more affordable acquisition, in no particular
order:

* IBM Container Pricing: Application Development & Test Solution
* IBM Solution Edition for Application Development and Test
* IBM Z Development & Test Environment (ZD&T)

These approaches are not mutually exclusive.

I'd focus on accomplishing the goal (more resources for developers),
examine the choices together with all stakeholders, and pick one or more.

Timothy Sipples
IT Architect Executive, Industry Solutions, IBM Z and LinuxONE, AP/GCG/MEA
E-Mail: sipp...@sg.ibm.com