On Tue, 15 May 2018 17:21:56 -0500, John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> And there's no downside. 32-bit programs get
>> access to a full 32-bit virtual memory, and
>> 64-bit programs get access to a full 64-bit
>> virtual memory.
>
>​I really think you would be impressed by the IBMi. The hardware is a
>slightly modified Power8 processor. The IBMi has 128 bit addressing right
>now​. And there are no "lines" or "bars" in that anywhere.

There are natural bars created by register
size, so 32 and 64 seem fine to me. All I'm
trying to do is get z/Arch operating systems
to allow nature to bloom. :-)

I'm wondering if it would be best to lobby the
z/Linux people to switch to running in pure
AM-infinity before trying again on z/OS.

BFN. Paul.