Since when does z/VSE have GDGs??
________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Tony Thigpen <t...@vse2pdf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 1:35 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: REXX as JCL replacement

Restarts with GDGs is one thing z/VSE is much better at. Once a GDG is
created in a step, it becomes the current GDG for all following steps.
So, following steps don't need to reference +1, then require a change
during a restart.

It part of the difference that z/OS reads the whole job in then
allocates everything where as z/VSE only reads the following JCL after
the previous step has completed.

Tony Thigpen