From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Bruce Hewson [bruce_hew...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 5:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: REXX MVSVAR SYMDEF behavoiur

Hi,

In a REXX exec I was building I stumbled onto:-

Say 'MVSVAR'("SYMDEF",'testing &sysname in &sysplex')

which provides an unexpected result

&'TESTING SYSA IN PLEX01'.

The symbols &SYSNAME and &SYSPLEX were replaced.
And, sadly, the whole lot was uppercased.

Couldn't find this behaviour documented.

Regards
Bruce