From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of Joe
Monk [joemon...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 3:31 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: C

Not according to the MVT Cobol compiler manual...

"The AFTER ADVANCING option is used for output destined to be printed or
punched. When this option is used, the first character in each logical
record for the file must be reserved for the control character. When the AFTER
ADVANCING option is used, integer must be unsigned and have the value 0, 1,
2, or 3. The value 0 designates a carriage-control eject (i.e., skip to next
page). The value 1 designates single spacing; the value 2, double spacing;
and the value 3, triple spacing."

http://secure-web.cisco.com/13JssaKkgEv6PvHbWqBb4_nGJr_KEk7X_p5dUxZ430B0TL067KAC3GmG62amVkyrK0wFJ6uAEiyuAI7pb90pBKUQu0efiy_EcUfFMps04VF_q3JCv2_EZfIyvaUoSxqVPc2j53HP4bEbd1UFUAFCLEfVb44yWkXMNs6D-ajkuaFWpwmOQ7DLdelU_kFoBfwK5MZ_99qKk1CuLZlVgozWOZL-_bSq_TGDGSJTg-n_WyQMcvJyYY36pAe8ZuT04bcBv85pG4_ec93Kta1h-fnUfm1av5W4Rrbx5p7qylU04uJOEM0P6WFyLKZsVsN9fcwPlF6x_1LZidv6aycTEAYyrPSpAWy7wZpPldHH-cnTUKc-qPz9772YMzNFNq0kfjiUmqVlSSL_YelM-_hg_l4oKtelOcnJWpjuuVTQ6Ppnp-zMhgROTwHMtUNj4JWJLEXBR/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bitsavers.org%2Fpdf%2Fibm%2F360%2Fos%2Fcobol%2FC28-6516-2_IBM_OS360_COBOL_Language_Dec64.pdf

Joe