We heated with wood for a long time, but I began to have problems with the
wood smoke and we took care of a little girl who had serious respiratory
problems.  When she came to live with us, we put in a central heating
system.

The little Jotul wood cook stove is for use when we have no power and also
for an occassional cozy evening when we feel like playing at pioneer.

Our adult daughter, whose contractor husband has built  his family the most
wonderful rustic mountain cabin type home, has a full sized wood cook stove
right beside her electric range and she uses it regularly, including in the
prep for holiday dinners.  Her mother-in-law has had periods in her life
when she never used anything except the wood burning range.  It seems always
to be in use when I've been there.

They're the family domestic divas.  I'm actually rather fond of the
microwave.

Nancy

Reply via email to