On 11/11/2007, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> BTW, Wanda, Cary and I were talking about that the other night.  What do you
> heat with, and what do you folks on the tundra have for backup heat?

You'll find this amazing, but oddly enough we depend on solar heat
during the day (south facing windows), and a gas forced air furnace
for the evenings.  Though when we're right into winter, and if I can
find the sweet spot for heating...the furnace will often only come on
every two hours or so in the evenings and during the night.  Then of
course we turn the furnace up in the morning when we're getting ready
for work, but it goes down before I leave for work, because then the
solar heating takes over.

Our main TV room is in the basement, which can be quite cold in the
evenings because the solar heat hasn't heated that area.  We have cozy
down blankets to use if we need them, but the majority of the time we
just use a tray of candles and that heats the room up enough to make
it comfortable and then we aren't using the furnace to heat the
upstairs before we go to bed.

I'm obsessed with saving energy while still being comfortable.  Oh..we
have a gas stove that we can use for backup heat if needed.

Right now my house is 27 degrees (all solar heat) and I'm wearing
shorts as I'm writing this.

Wanda

Reply via email to