>>> I am thrilled to finally have a wood cookstove, something I've always 
>>> wanted.


How cool!  When we were first married, we had a really nice, big woodstove in 
our basement den, and I used to cook on it all the time.  Ok, nothing too 
fancy, but I'd make chili, soup, spaghetti, etc.  And we heated the whole house 
with wood from that stove, and with a forced air fireplace upstairs, with wood 
we cut and split ourselves.  We had a furnace, but we rarely used it.  I'm 
afraid I'm not the pioneer I used to be.  :)   I have some allergies and 
sometimes have some breathing problems, so I finally gave up on wood heat - the 
wood smoke was just too hard for me to deal with on a regular basis.


We have always enjoyed visiting Anneliese in KY - they have heated their 
farmhouse there with wood-only (I think?) for all these years, and nothing is 
more warming after a chilly, damp ride than to sit in front of a wood stove 
with a nice glass of wine, chatting with friends, smelling Anneliese's cooking. 
 The new house they have under construction has a furnace, but still has wood 
fireplaces.  


Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.28/1123 - Release Date: 11/10/2007 
3:47 PM
 

Reply via email to