>> I had to laugh at you.  It was a good thing you didn't say that on the 
>> USIHC list!!!


Hi Ferne, good to hear from you.   We miss you.   :)


>>>>  I  used to be fairly active on that list and someone said that the 
>>>> trail riders never took lessons or learned the correct way of doing 
>>>> things like the show people.   That really set me off (I was MUCH 
>>>> milder than you were!?!) and I said that most of the trail riders I 
>>>> knew attended clinics and took lessons fairly often and shouldn't be 
>>>> looked down on by the show riders.  Well, Andrea Barbour told me that 
>>>> my post was uncalled for and I should show more judgement in the 
>>>> future.  I haven't been back to that list since...   Ferne Fedeli


Oh my, I remember those days too well.  I remember joining the lists when 
I'd owned horses about 15 years (lessons and clinics since the beginning) 
and being told by a few self-appointed experts that I should shut up and 
"educate myself."   Anyone else remember how common that phrase was - that 
we should "educate ourselves?"  Hey, I wasn't pretending to be an expert... 
I knew I'd "only" had horses for 15 years at that time (19 now), and I  have 
friends who've owned horses 25, 30, some 50+ years.  But the real kicker was 
when I found out that some of the ones telling ME to "educate myself" had 
owned horses MAYBE five years...or less.  Shesh!


Karen Thomas, NC

Reply via email to