Animals react more painfully to hot branding.  Think about it...you
are burning the animal's skin to create a mark. You also have a higher
rate of infection with a hot brand.

A freeze brand does not damage the skin...what is does it is damage
the skin producing hair cells. In dark hair animals the hair will grow
back white, in light hair animals the hair will grow back dark.

Since you are not damaging the skin, you do not have the risk of infection.

Most animals hardly react when they are being freeze branded, but will
violently react with hot branding.

Sure...hot branding is cheaper, all you need is an iron and a fire
pit.   For freeze branding you need to buy a coolant, such as dry ice
or But IMHO...freeze branding is more humane and safer.

What evidence do I have...besides my personal knowledge, none. I'll
google and see if I can find some. <;p]
Raven
Lucy & Molly, the Girl Doggies
Huginn & Dixie Chick, the Back Behind the Barn Ponies
Maggie Rose, the cat who makes me sneeze
http://www.myspace.com/iceponygoddess
Respect ALL Earthlings. We are all animals of this planet. We are all creatures.

Reply via email to