On 1/10/08, Ferne Fedeli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>
>   I  used to be fairly active on that list and someone said that the trail
> riders never
>   took lessons or learned the correct way of doing things like the show
> people.
>   That really set me off (I was MUCH milder than you were!?!) and I said
> that most
>   of the trail riders I knew attended clinics and took lessons fairly often
> and shouldn't
>   be looked down on by the show riders.  Well, Andrea Barbour told me that
> my post
>   was uncalled for and I should show more judgement in the future.  I
> haven't been
>   back to that list since...
>   Ferne Fedeli
>

I joined the USIHC and the USIHC list for this year.  I am a trail
rider.  But more than that, I am a person who I honestly believe (call
me grandiose) that I have had a smidgen of positive effect on the
horrendous disgusting world of big lick showing of Tennessee Walking
Horses.  It is my goal to try and speak up in a hopefully agreeable
way when I see things that need changing in icelandic horses.  The way
I see it, there seems to be a growing polarity in icelandic horses
owners.  And really, this is a shame.  to grow as an organization in
touch with its members/potential members,  a large part of the
potential membership should not be made to feel inferior. of either
"side".   heck thats just good business.  But there has been some good
positive growth this year i think, maybe not effective change but a
lot of awareness about things like tight nosebands and poor saddlefit
causing behavior problems instead of a lot of hype about iceys being
perfect and ignoring real problems.  One thing bothers me really
bad---  is how a lot of people want to ignore certain things like we
should be ashamed.  Like sweet itch.  I showed pictures of Tivar in
summer where he'd worn his mane off and I got a lot of private emails
from people giving me all kinds of GREAT info and advice, but not
anybody, maybe one or two people after I said something, wanted to
talk about it openly on the list.  It was like he had some venereal
disease or something.  and instead of admitting, hey, some iceys are
crappy gaited, a lot of people want to torture them with devices to
make them gait.  I have seen too much of that in the walking horse
world and it is something that needs to change in icelandics.  anyway.
 maybe you could come back and help me :)
janice

yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to