On 10/01/2008, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Oh my, I remember those days too well. I remember joining the lists when > I'd owned horses about 15 years (lessons and clinics since the beginning) > and being told by a few self-appointed experts that I should shut up and > "educate myself."
I might have been guilty of saying that. I know there was a time I was really having a problem with people just believing whatever garbage their farrier told them. I was having a meltdown about people saying they just left their farrier work to the 'professionals'. I don't claim to be a farrier...not in the least...but I taught myself what a bad trim looked like and I taught myself how a well-balanced foot should look. Anyway, I was up here screeching about how people should educate themselves when making decisions for their horses, so they can make the best possible choices in the best interest of their horse's health. Oh....I can't start talking about it again, or I'll burst a vein... Wanda
