On 14/04/2008, tolt674 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Be very careful in trying to assess the correct weight based on
> height.

But as Susan said, there are other factors she's taking into account
which is a good thing.

"She has a crest and a fat tail base. I
can't easily feel her ribs. Her cannon has grown a lot and she is
wider. I will just have to wait to see whats left when the winter coat
comes off. Last summer she was only 312 kg. I may have to get her a
muzzle."

When Gusti was at his heaviest and I couldn't exercise him enough, I
muzzled him for a time.  Now with Elska around, she chases him away
from his food first so he's at a fairly good weight now.  Last year, I
left Elska on what I thought was a weedy pasture and her weight
ballooned over the summer.  It was a struggle to get it back down
again.

It's a constant struggle...no doubt about it.

Wanda

Reply via email to