On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:15:02 -0000, you wrote:

>Sorry Mic i deleted the bit where you asked how old she is. She's 4 
>this summer.

I would say she probably needs to lose a fair bit, but not too quickly
as she will still be growing (maybe not so much in height, but filling
out). It's not good for her to be going into the spring overweight, it
just makes life harder as the good grass comes through. You say she
has one and a half hours grass a day - what happens to her the rest of
the time?

You could try switching some of her hay ration for straw, I do that if
I get any fatties in here.

Grazing muzzles are great too - perhaps she could spend longer at
grass so she's moving around, but wear a muzzle so she can't pig out.

all the best

Mic


Mic (Michelle) Rushen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solva Icelandic Horses and DeMeulenkamp Sweet Itch Rugs: 
www.solva-icelandics.co.uk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes"

Reply via email to