On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I get a pretty annoyed with these reports about the "drought".

Actually, Karen, I think the report that was shown in that post was
from last year - I know I saw it last summer.  We are definitely on
the mend in the drought situation but our ground water levels are
still not where they should be.  Hopefully we'll continue to get these
nice rains.  I think droughts are going to be a more common occurance
for us and our water demands are going to continue to rise.  The folks
in CO and other areas out west are accustomed to this as a continuing
problem and I know Water Rights are a big area of law out there.
There are some things we are just not going to be able to take for
granted any more but we'll adjust just like our ancestors have and
there will always be "the sky is falling" people out there.

-- 
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura
Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

"I ride ponies because heart is not measured in hands." - Steve Edwards

Reply via email to