---- susan cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 
> I think it's the high price of EVERYTHING that's
> making people give up their horses.  My second job is
> no longer for luxuries, it's for bills and fuel. 
<

I think you are right Susan.   It's not just gas and weather conditions that 
have people scrambling and selling their horses.    I notice my grocery bills 
creeping up too, even though I ALWAYS shop the loss leaders and try to plan our 
meals so that I don't impulse buy.    And fertilizer is doubled from last year 
as well according to my hay guy.    It's everything:    inflation, loss of 
wages or jobs,  the rising cost of crude oil, etc. etc.   
    Our state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the nation and my 
husband was jobless for 6 months last year.   He has two journeyman's cards 
with over 20 years of experience in his trade (tool and die and pattern making) 
and he now works (happily) at our local hardware store.     The saving grace is 
his job is 5 miles from home, they schedule him around MY crazy schedule and he 
likes it.  I can relate fully to what you are saying and I think it's very 
true.   

  
> Bruce and I are contemplating buying Scooters to go
> back and forth to work.  At $2500 apiece and 96mpg, I
> think they will pay for themselves with in a year!<

That's so funny -- I mentioned the SAME thing to Tim the other day, but we 
decided being in Michigan, they might be a *little* cold part of the year.  : )

-- Renee M.
> 
> Susan in NV   
>   read my blog to see why I ride my horse in pink:
>   http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
>    
> 
> 
> 
>       
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> IceHorses Community for Photos and Videos:  http://kickapps.com/icehorses
> 
> "The greatest enemy of the truth very often is not the lie- deliberate, 
> contrived and dishonest -- but the myth -- persistent, persuasive and 
> unrealistic."
> 
> "All truth passes through three stages.
> First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed.
> Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
> 
> 
> [] Lee Ziegler  http://leeziegler.com
> [] Liz Graves  http://lizgraves.com
> [] Lee's Book  Easy Gaited Horses http://tinyurl.com/7vyjo
> [] IceHorses Map  http://www.frappr.com/IceHorses
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to