--- Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 e-mails are flying this year predicting
> more hay shortages, 
> increased hay prices, etc. and that's just not
> founded in fact 

It's a fact out here!  I paid $130/ton 2 years ago,
last year I paid $180/ton, and this year I will be
LUCKY to get away with $250/ton.  Plus delivery.

So I'm glad drought and high hay prices don't affect
you, but they affect us out here.  That also means
grass hay will be even higher and more expensive since
it takes more water for grass and gets fewer yields. 
So my horses will get alfalfa only again this year. 

AND, ranchers who lease the BLM in the free range
areas ARE IN FACT finding released, domesticated
horses running with their cattle.  They are skinny and
sometimes just the carcases are found.  So they ARE
being  released.  So what do the ranchers do -
NOTHING, so you won't see any printed word about it,
but it is still true and still a fact.

Susan in NV   
  read my blog to see why I ride my horse in pink:
  http://desertduty.blogspot.com/
   



      

Reply via email to