On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Margaret Wasserman <m...@lilacglade.org>wrote:

> Hi Stewart,
>
> On Mar 20, 2013, at 2:04 AM, Stewart Bryant <stbry...@cisco.com> wrote:
> > Age
> > Disability
> > Gender reassignment
> > Marriage and civil partnership
> > Pregnancy and maternity
> > Race
> > Religion and belief
> > Sex
> > Sexual orientation
>
> The U.S. has a similar (although not identical) list, and it may vary a
> bit state-by-state.
> >
> > If we are going to have an itemized list of diversity characteristics,
> we should not pick and choose, we should include the full list.

I would strongly recommend that legal counsel be consulted before any such
"list" is produced or used by IETF/IESG/Nomcom.  (FYI, this is totally
outside my own area of legal expertise, so IAOC would need to incur some
expense to hire competent counsel in this area)

> While I certainly wouldn't suggest we start discriminating based on _any_
> of these factors, it is very difficult to measure our results in some of
> these areas, as we do not collect this information from IETF attendees, nor
> do we publish the age, disability status, gender status, marital status,
> religion or sexual orientation of our I* members.

What records *do* exist regarding the identify of IETF leadership?  Is
there a central repository of at least names/companies of IESG members
and/or WG leaders?